AINSE are in search of new artworks to liven up the AINSE Building. We would like our artwork to represent what AINSE is all about – our students, and their research in collaboration with ANSTO.
If you are a past or present AINSE scholar (that is, a recipient of an AINSE postgraduate student scholarship), we would like to give YOU the chance to showcase your research photos on the walls around our building in Sydney. Enter to WIN 1 of 3 PRIZES:
- 1st Prize: $200 Visa gift card
- 2nd Prize: $100 Visa gift card
- 3rd Prize: $50 Visa gift card
Your photos must be taken, or have been taken, during the tenure of your AINSE award.
You can enter your artwork under any of the following categories:
- Out in the Field – any shots of your or your experiment out of the lab during your research;
- Aesthetic Raw Data – any impressive experimental results, such as colourful scatter patterns and detector images;
- Students at Work – for all your research action shots;
- ANSTO Happy Snaps – for all your happy memories caught on camera while doing research with ANSTO;
How to enter:
Email your photo as an image file, satisfying the linked image specifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AINSE Photo Comp.” and including your elected category in the subject line. If you are unsure which category your image belongs to, you must enter “unknown category” in the subject line.
Each email must include a description of the image using no more than 50 words, and your relevant AINSE Scholarship (PGRA, RSS, HONS, or SAAFE). You must also complete the linked photo release form and attach it to your submission.
Applications must be received by 11:59pm AEST Sunday 8th December 2019.
You may enter as many photos as you like (we encourage multiple entries) using a separate email for each entry. Each email must clarify that you have permission from both your university supervisor and ANSTO co-supervisor to use the attached image.
The winners will be selected by AINSE staff, and the winners will be announced late 2019 via email and social media.
Rules, terms and conditions:
1. You MUST have permission from both your University supervisor and ANSTO co-supervisor to share any photos with AINSE, with the intention of having them printed and displayed in a public place, including on social media.
2. No entry can violate ANSTO photography regulations – you must check with your ANSTO co-supervisor.
3. You MUST have consent from any other people who appear in your images to be shared, printed, and displayed in a public place.
4. Ensure that you only enter photos that you have taken or that someone has taken on your behalf on your personal device, during the tenure of your AINSE scholarship.
5. All images MUST be related to research done at an ANSTO campus (i.e. Lucas Heights, Clayton or Camperdown) during your sponsorship from AINSE. Photographs for the “Out in the Field” category must be directly related to your research done in collaboration with ANSTO and must be taken during your tenure as an AINSE Scholar.
By entering this competition you now provide AINSE with the right to publish and display within AINSE premises and AINSE promotional material online and in hardcopy.
We look forward to receiving your entries. Good luck!