Board and Strategic Priorities
Since 1958, AINSE has played a vital role in sustaining a unique and enduring research partnership between ANSTO (formerly the AAEC) and universities and industry members across Australia and New Zealand.
To enhance the capability of Australia and New Zealand in nuclear science, engineering and related research fields by facilitating world-class research and education.
AINSE provides pathways and networks for collaboration within the nuclear science, engineering and related research fields nationally and internationally and builds capability and diversity through training and education.
1. Facilitate research collaboration through networking and expanding opportunities nationally and internationally.
• Play a key role in supporting research collaboration and networking opportunities.
• Explore targeted international opportunities.
2. Create a large pipeline of skilled students/graduates by facilitating new opportunities for the next generation of students with an interest in nuclear science and engineering and related research fields.
• Support the next generation of students by facilitating new opportunities nationally and internationally.
• Work with Universities for continued improvement of existing programs and identify new opportunities to enhance learning for students.
3. Be a visible and respected brand with strong targeted global connections that reaches a wider audience beyond nuclear scientists and engineers.
• Promote AINSE’s value proposition and align it with the priorities of Government, ANSTO, Universities and Industry partners.
• Effectively communicate AINSE’s purpose to a wide range of different stakeholders.
4. Be appropriately resourced to remain responsive to opportunities within a changing environment.
• Liaise with local, national and international policy makers to influence and communicate future priorities.
• Manage and protect AINSE’s information assets.
5. Provide a sustainable and growing business that increases the value of AINSE membership.
• Diversify AINSE’s membership and stakeholder base, while recognising the importance of existing membership.
• Seek new opportunities for funding beyond AINSE’s traditional sources.
• Develop links with the philanthropic community.
AINSE offers a range of programs and services to its members including generous conference support, inspiring symposiums, scholarships for honours and postgraduate students and early career researchers, and intensive undergraduate education schools. These benefits aim to foster scientific advancement and promote an effective collaboration between AINSE members and ANSTO.
The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE Ltd.) is an integral organisation for enhancing Australia’s and New Zealand’s capabilities in nuclear science, engineering, and related research fields by facilitating world-class research and education.
AINSE offers a range of programs and services to its members, including generous domestic and international conference support, scholarships for honours & postgraduate students and Early Career Researchers, and intensive undergraduate education schools. These benefits aim to foster scientific advancement and promote an effective collaboration between AINSE members and ANSTO.
We respectfully acknowledge the Dharawal nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which AINSE is located.
Copyright © 2019 AINSE | Powered by Astra