Study Tour: Particle Therapy in Japan
Unique insights into proton therapy and carbon ion therapy
AINSE 2020 Study Tour: 16-19 August 2020
AINSE Ltd. is coordinating a study tour in Japan to provide essential information regarding the operations of particle therapy centres in Japan, including both proton therapy and carbon ion therapy.
The tour is open to participants from a wide variety of disciplines: senior academics, senior managers, political leaders, representatives from research and development organisations, and members of the Australian oncology community, executive authorities, and regulators.
Tour participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain awareness of the most recent developments and proven experience in particle therapy, and insight into the future directions of particle therapy in Japan;
- Talk to leading specialists in the fields of particle therapy research, development, implementation and treatment;
- Visit established sites to learn about the requirements for establishing a particle therapy facility, and the new centres currently under construction;
- Gain valuable insights into how a patient undergoes particle therapy treatment in a clinical setting; and
- Network with leading scientists and policy makers.
Limited positions available; registrations are subject to availability.
Delegates arrive in Tokyo on August 16. The tour commences August 17 and concludes back in Tokyo on August 19. The registration fee is A$3,950 (GST free) per delegate and covers:
- Fully-escorted visits, including transport, to three particle therapy sites under the guidance of Dr. Dale Prokopovich, ANSTO Physicist, and Ms. Michelle Durant, Managing Director, AINSE Ltd.
- Three nights’ accommodation in Tokyo with breakfast included.
Registration fees do not cover airfares, airport transfers, selected meals, and travel insurance. Delegates are responsible for their own flight and transfer bookings to and from Tokyo. Fees are subject to conditions outlined in the registration form.
Expressions of Interest Close: 30th March 2020
For more information, and to register your Expression of Interest, please contact Michelle Durant, AINSE Managing Director.
Phone: +61 2 9717 3376
The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE Ltd.) is an integral organisation for enhancing Australia’s and New Zealand’s capabilities in nuclear science, engineering, and related research fields by facilitating world-class research and education.
AINSE offers a range of programs and services to its members, including generous domestic and international conference support, scholarships for honours & postgraduate students and Early Career Researchers, and intensive undergraduate education schools. These benefits aim to foster scientific advancement and promote an effective collaboration between AINSE members and ANSTO.
We respectfully acknowledge the Dharawal nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which AINSE is located.
Copyright © 2019 AINSE | Powered by Astra