Professional Development Program
Learn from expert academic, industry, and career consultants.
All elements of the program will be conducted via Zoom and are free to access for AINSE postgraduate students. Registration is essential.
The program was launched by Hugh Kearns (ThinkWell), with ongoing sessions from academic and industry experts throughout 2021 to assist with academic writing, job search and career readiness.
One-on-one coaching sessions:
July – early November, various times. Please note that all registration times are AEST (Sydney time) by default:
“General Career Coaching and Academic CV Feedback” Individual sessions with executive coaches Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
You are able to book an individual coaching session with Elizabeth or Julie to discuss your career planning and receive feedback on your Academic CV. A maximum of three coaching sessions per student are available in 2021. Please visit either of the links to check availability.
Please note: you will be directed to an external website to complete your registration. All available registration times are split between calendars A and B.
Next Webinar Sessions:
October 21, 4.00 pm – 5.00 pm AEDT (Sydney time)
OR October 26, 9.00 am – 10.00 am AEDT (Sydney time)
OR November 4, 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm AEDT (Sydney time):
Webinar: “Strategic Job Search?“ featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
Join us to discuss how to create a structured and strategic job search plan that covers each channel to market.
(Webinar content repeats across the three dates; please select ONE date to attend.)
Please note: you will be directed to an external website to complete your registration.
Calendar of Events:
- July-early November: Individual coaching and resume review sessions. Register now (calendar A, calendar B – external links)
- October 21, 26, November 4: Webinar: “Strategic Job Search?” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish. Register now (select one: October 21, October 26, November 4 – external links)
- November: “Budgeting for Beginners, or How to Fund all the Cool Science you Want to Do”
- December 10: “Defeating Self-Sabotage” featuring Hugh Kearns
All events, dates and times are subject to change. Please review this page frequently for updates.
- June 15: Launch Event: “The PhD Experience” featuring Hugh Kearns.
- June 17-30: “Career Planning – What are your options and timeframes?” Individual sessions with executive coaches Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
- June 30, July 2, July 6: Webinar: “Academic Resume Essentials” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
- July 15, 21, 26: Webinar: “Networking/Communicating in a Research Environment” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
- August 13, 18, 23: Webinar: “Developing Confidence and Skills for Interviews” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
- September 2: Workshop: “Intro to Design Thinking, Part 1 (Mindset)” featuring Carol Azzam Mackay.
- September 9: Workshop: “Intro to Design Thinking, Part 2 (Methodology)” featuring Carol Azzam Mackay.
- September 13, 21, 29: Webinar: “Maximising LinkedIn and Effective Industry Based Resumes” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
- September 15: “Turbocharge your Writing” featuring Hugh Kearns.
The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE Ltd.) is an integral organisation for enhancing Australia’s and New Zealand’s capabilities in nuclear science, engineering, and related research fields by facilitating world-class research and education.
AINSE offers a range of programs and services to its members, including generous domestic and international conference support, scholarships for honours & postgraduate students and Early Career Researchers, and intensive undergraduate education schools. These benefits aim to foster scientific advancement and promote an effective collaboration between AINSE members and ANSTO.
We respectfully acknowledge the Dharawal nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which AINSE is located.
Copyright © 2019 AINSE | Powered by Astra