Professional Development Program
Open to all current PGRA and RSS scholars.
Learn from expert academic, industry, and career consultants.
All elements of the program will be conducted via Zoom and are free to access for AINSE postgraduate students. Registration is essential.
The program will be launched by Hugh Kearns (ThinkWell), with ongoing sessions from academic and industry experts to assist with academic writing, job search and career readiness.
One-on-one coaching sessions:
June 17 – June 30, various times. Please note that all registration times are AEST (Sydney time) by default:
“Career Planning – What are your options and timeframes?” Individual sessions with executive coaches Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
Please note: you will be directed to an external website to complete your registration. All available registration times are split between calendars A and B.
Next Webinar Session:
June 30, 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm AEST (Sydney time)
OR July 2, 3.00 pm – 4.30 pm AEST (Sydney time)
OR July 6, 7.00 pm – 8.30 pm AEST (Sydney time):
Webinar: “Academic Resume Essentials” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish.
(Webinar content repeats across the three dates; please select ONE date to attend.)
Please note: you will be directed to an external website to complete your registration.
Calendar of Events:
- June 15: Launch Event: “The PhD Experience” featuring Hugh Kearns.
- June 17-30: “Career Planning – What are your options and timeframes?” Individual sessions with executive coaches Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish. Register now (calendar A, calendar B – external links)
- June 30, July 2, July 6: Webinar: “Academic Resume Essentials” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish. Register now (select one: June 30, July 2, July 6 – external links).
- July-August: Individual coaching and resume review sessions
- July 12, 21, 27: Webinar: “Networking/Communicating in a Research Environment” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish
- August 10, 18, 26: Webinar: “Interview/Professional Presentation Skills” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish
- September 6, 14, 22: Webinar: “Industry/Non Academic Resume and LinkedIn Profile” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish
- September 15: “Turbocharge your Writing” featuring Hugh Kearns
- September: “Design Thinking for Research and Industry “
- September-November: Individual coaching and resume review sessions
- October 5, 13, 26: Webinar: “Job Search Strategies and Planning” featuring Julie Ferris and Elizabeth Fish
- November: “Budgeting for Beginners, or How to Fund all the Cool Science you Want to Do”
- December 10: “Defeating Self-Sabotage” featuring Hugh Kearns
All events, dates and times are subject to change. Please review this page frequently for updates.
The Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE Ltd.) is an integral organisation for enhancing Australia’s and New Zealand’s capabilities in nuclear science, engineering, and related research fields by facilitating world-class research and education.
AINSE offers a range of programs and services to its members, including generous domestic and international conference support, scholarships for honours & postgraduate students and Early Career Researchers, and intensive undergraduate education schools. These benefits aim to foster scientific advancement and promote an effective collaboration between AINSE members and ANSTO.
We respectfully acknowledge the Dharawal nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which AINSE is located.
Copyright © 2019 AINSE | Powered by Astra