AINSE Honorary Fellowships are awarded by the AINSE Council to individuals for distinguished and dedicated services to the Institute. By maintaining links with AINSE, it is one means by which the scientific community will continue to benefit from the wisdom and experience of some outstanding scientists.
Leonard Lindoy – Citation
John White – Citation
|Hendrik ‘Henk’ Heijnis – Citation||2008|
|Trevor Hicks – Citation||2007|
|Gerald Laurence – Citation||2003|
|Trevor Ophel – Citation||1999|
|Ian J Polmear AO||1995|
|E A ‘Bill’ Palmer OBE||1994|
|Brian M Spicer||1993|
|Desmond R Davy||1992|
|Eric O Hall||1992|
|Ralph W Parsons AO||1992|
|Maxwell Brennan AO – Citation||1991|
|Peter A Parsons||1991|
|David F Sangster||1991|
Purpose of the Award
To give recognition to appropriate persons for distinguished and dedicated service to AINSE and to encourage their continued interest in and support of AINSE and ANSTO activities.
- Provide additional advice and guidance to university researchers, especially students, working on projects funded under an AINSE Award either at Lucas Heights or at a university in the locality where the retiree now lives.
- Participate in AINSE funded research projects.
- Provide comments and referees reports on applications for Fellowship, studentship and Grant Awards in cases where independent and expert review is called for.
- Provide assistance to the local Councillor to promote AINSE and ANSTO within the university and community.
- The right to use the title ‘AINSE Honorary Fellow’ and to name AINSE as the organisation to which the holder of this title is affiliated.
- The provision of a suitable security pass to enable the ‘AINSE Honorary Fellows’ to gain access to the ANSTO library for the purposes of keeping up-to-date with research topics and, where applicable, participate in AINSE funded research projects.
- The provision of funding to enable the ‘AINSE Honorary Fellow’ to visit Lucas Heights once a year.
Nominations for the award of ‘AINSE Honorary Fellow’ may be made by any AINSE Councillor.