The AINSE Gold Medal is awarded for excellence in research, based on publications over the last five years which acknowledge AINSE support. The AINSE Gold Medal may be awarded jointly to collaborating researchers and one medal is reserved for graduate students, including those who have recently completed their PhD projects. Nominees for awards are submitted to the AINSE Council by the Specialist Committees for consideration at the December meeting each year. Awards are usually presented in the following May at the time of the Council meeting, and at the presentation of the medal, Gold Medallists give an address on their research.
Nominations should be sent to the Scientific Secretary at AINSE before the 15th September
Download AINSE Gold Medal Nomination Form
The AINSE Council may award an AINSE Gold Medal for excellence in research according to the following criteria:
- The award shall be open to members and former members of the academic, scientific or technical staff of member institutions of AINSE, including post-doctoral research fellows, research assistants and students.
- Up to four AINSE medals may be awarded each year, of which one medal is reserved for graduate students, including those who have recently completed their projects.
- The AINSE Gold medal may be awarded jointly to collaborating researchers.
- The AINSE Gold medal shall be awarded for research excellence, including publications with emphasis on recent work which acknowledges AINSE.
- Nominations should be made to the Scientific Secretary of AINSE before 15 September by a member of the staff or member institution of AINSE and should include a short citation of achievement together with a list of appropriate publications and one copy of each publication.
- Nominations shall be assessed by the appropriate AINSE Specialist Committee, who shall advise the Executive Committee, which shall make recommendations for the award of AINSE Gold Medals to the last AINSE Council Meeting of the calendar year.